Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Great experience with Kwikset

"Pete C." wrote in message
bdeditch wrote:

On Apr 10, 3:55 pm, "Bob" wrote:
We had our house built over ten years ago. We chose Kwikset door

hardware
throughout and it has served us well.

A couple weeks ago we could not close the back door to the garage.

The
doorknob latch was in the extended position and would not go in so the

door
could not close.

I tried to remove the doorknob assembly, but the doorknob shaft would

not
come out. Finally I called the Kwikset company to see if they had any
ideas. They told me to call a locksmith and send them the bill. The
locksmith said an internal part was broken and jamming the mechanism.

He
used a screwdriver to bend the lock frame and took out a broken part.

Again, I called Qwikset. They told me they would send me a new lock

set -
their products have a lifetime warranty. I didn't even have to send

them
the old lock.

In the meantime, I took the door mechanism off a seldom used closet

door in
the computer room and installed it in the back door so it would stay

closed.
Of course it didn't have a lock on it, but we also have a double

cylinder
deadbolt on the door so we were able to lock the door.

Today the new lock set came via Fed-Ex. Of course it has a different

key,
but that's not a big deal.

I was really impressed with the response of Kwikset. This kind of

service
is far too rare in this day and age.

Thanks Kwikset
Bob-tx

Actually most companies that have been around any length of time will do it,
although since the Yale locks have been on my house over 40 years and
haven't needed anything done to them yet I can't say for sure about them.
Kwikset is a junk lock. Sorry but it is. Yeah, they gave you another one but
if they made a good product you wouldn't have had to worry about it for 20
more years or so.