Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default Air Duct Cleaning ? Results ?

"Postal68" wrote

Well,
regardless of the airflow, I will feel better having the ducts cleaned
out. I can see in some of them they are very dirty and dusty and just to
get them cleaned will make me feel a little better for my health and my
families.

I had mine done last year. The wads of stuff that came out of
the ducts was amazing. My house is about 55 years old. My
allergy relief tells me it was the right thing to do, for me.

Just a thought, some years ago I took off the return grate and
found that that duct was almost completely blocked. It was
bad. I cleaned that out and after that, when the furnace was
on the air really blew. I don't know if doing this will have an affect
on your situation.

Think about it, 50 years of dust, dead skin cells, pollen, all in
your ductwork. Why not get it out of there? My advice is to
go with a company that you would have work on your furnace,
not just some guy who's jumped on the duct cleaning bandwagon.
Who wants to spend that money and the job isn't done correctly.

nancy