Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.home.repair
ATP* ATP* is offline

Default Rotozip: goodgawd...

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote
in message ...
I shoulda quit while I was ahead....

Yeah, but still the templates that are provided with the boxes themselves
are *not* router-type templates, cuz you need some sort of offset for
whatever the dimensional particulars of the tool at are.
And I'm talking a hard masonite-type template, not a paper template.

No, NO! NO! NNNNOOOOOOO!

You don't get it. You've never used the tool. I daresay you've never
done any drywalling.

I didn't say "templates provided _with_ the boxes". I said, "The
templates ARE the boxes."

The RZ tool was designed to easily: First, FIND the edge of a box from its
inside, then Second, JUMP the edge to the outside surface of the box, then
Third, ROUTE around the box, using the box itself as the "template".

The "offset" is provided by the tool automatically to be 1/8", which is
perfect for drywall work.

It takes roughly ten seconds (for me) to plunge the bit into the box, zip
to the edge, jump the edge, zip around the whole box. And I'm
sloooowwwwww...

LLoyd

Personally, I don't think the hurricane of sheetrock dust is worth it. Most
drywall contractors I've seen still use a keyhole saw.