Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker Steve Barker is offline

Default What do you think of Dixie Chopper mowers?

We had 6 of them where I worked. Commercial lawn and landscape company.
How many hours on the one you're looking at? We had very good luck with
them until the third year. This relates to about the 1,000 hour mark. Then
we spent a fortune on them that third year. I'd say if it looks well kept
and has less than 200 hours on it, then you probably will have a good
experience. Which model is it? We ended up buying the Exmark for
considerably less money and one hell of a lot closer to the dealer than we
were with the dixie's. The Exmarks have served well, but will not match the
speed the dixie has. you will not find a faster mower than the dixie
chopper. One we had was the 43 horse (they call it 50) diesel with a 72"
deck. You could mow a finish cut at about 11-14 mph with that unit.

--
Steve Barker

"dean" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just might (very slim possibility, depends on wife) be investing
around 5K on a Dixie Chopper zero turn lawn mower. Of course, I would
never wear it out, but I recon I could mow my lawn in half the time,
for the next 20 years. But I digress....

What do people think of Dixie Chopper as a brand. Are there any other
competing brands I should consider? The huskies are a little more
expensive, I need the smallest one to fit through a fence gate. I have
1 acre of grass.

Thanks for any useful tips!

Dean