Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Smith Tim Smith is offline

Default Reversing Attic Fan Motor Direction Possible?

On 2007-04-10, Joe wrote:
I am replacing the old attic fan motor with a slightly less used one
from another house. The motor is a a two speed motor, but this house
is only a one speed wiring and switch.
After installing it, using only the high speed terminal, the fan is
going in the wrong direction. I tried reversing the wires in the box
to see if that'd reverse the direction but no joy.
Does this indicate that this motor cannot reverse direction?

Is there any way you could instead change the pitch of the blades, so
that the air goes in the direction you want with the fan rotating in the
current direction?