Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Where to scavenge mu-metal?

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article .net,
SparkyGuy writes:
Is this stuff prolific in old CRT monitors, or TVs? Need about a square
foot
or so...

Wrapped around old oscilloscope tubes.
I don't think old TVs ever merited its use.

Back in the days of 90 degree delta-gun shadowmask tubes, an external
magnetic shield most certainly was used around the bowl. The degaussing
coils were usually fixed to it, and it mounted using the same four corner
bolts as fixed the tube to the cabinet front. Many were my sliced fingers,
from the razor-sharp edges of these shields, when I was an apprentice
engaged in replacing these tubes ...

Arfa