Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ray Carlsen Ray Carlsen is offline

Default Sony tech: I need your help! KV36FS320 dead

This Sony KV36FS320 will not power up, just 9 flashes of the standby/timer
LED, unless I press the power button while energizing the power relay
manually, ie Q608 base drive for 1 second. Then the set will run and
-everything- works until I turn it off again. All standby supplies are
working, zero cross pulses are there, and the M board has been swapped.
That's where the power-on pulse is supposed to originate but there is no
pulse at power up. I really need your help with this one.

Leonard Caillouet wrote:
Possibly Q605, Q606, D690, but resolder these and everything in the ZCD and
standby circuits before replacing parts.

Leonard,
Thanks for the tips, but I've been over those parts (voltage checks and
resoldering) and can't find anything wrong. I just noticed one other thing,
however. If the set is running and I turn it off with the power switch, the
screen goes to a blue horizontal line before it turns off. If there is a
vertical fault, how does the set run so well when I "kick" start it? How could
such a fault keep the set from even starting up? I keep coming back to the M
board (micro that generates the on pulse) and wonder what might be inhibiting
it. I'm really stuck on this one.

Ray
--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.