Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive Mitchell Clive Mitchell is offline

Default solar lights

In message , Dwayne & Angela
writes
They are for various garden ornaments I am designing. kind of art deco
path lighting amongst other more usual stuff lighthouse's, boots, etc.
I am planning a whole range of solar powered garden ornaments. Beside's
any other conciderations the price of those photocells is way too high
I could at a pinch butcher the solar lights I got from warehouse for
£7+VAT for 4, but I was hoping to avoid that rather unprofessional
approach.

If you decide to scavenge existing lights for their panels and
electronics, then don't go for the cheapest. Look for the ones that
have the largest area of solar panel on top. The heap ones just have
four thin strips while the better ones have more or thicker strips. The
crystally blue cells are much better than the flat brown ones.

--
Clive Mitchell
http://www.bigclive.com