Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Zero Turn Mower Recommendation?

Susan Thomas wrote:

We are looking to buy a zero turn mower.....we have a huge yard and lots of
sand. We wanted a mower with an extra heavy deck......we are considering a
Gravely 52" zero turn with the heavy duty deck....

Any advice and/or recommendations?

Thanks for your reply.

I see an awful lot of the SCAG ZT units in use by the pro landscapers,
particularly the "Turf Tiger". They aint' cheap, but I don't believe the
one you're looking at is either.

My recommendation would be to find the local power equipment dealer that
supplies the pros in your area and see what they have to offer. You'll
almost certainly do better and get vastly better support than dealing
with some big box store. A good dealer usually has a number of units on
hand and some room for you to try them out.

Pete C.