Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Air Duct Cleaning ? Results ?

Postal68 wrote:
I am going to have my air ducts and returns cleaned out. What kind of
results should I expect to happen from this process. The house is 50+
years old and from what I can see the ducts have never been cleaned. I
have one small dog who sheds moderately. There really isn't a whole
lot of dog hair when I change my filter every month or so.

I have two rooms on my second floor that I have just turned into a
bedroom and a playroom. These 2 rooms never really received good heat
or air from my system, can I expect the air/heat to circulate better
to these upper floor rooms after the cleaning?

Every room has at least 1 return except the bathroom and the front
room on the top floor. The 2 rooms on the top floor each have only
one air vent. Front room is about 14X16
Back room is about 22X16

My house is set up like this

2nd floor - 2 rooms
Main floor - 2 bedrooms, living room, bathroom, kitchen
Basement - 75% finished , laundry room area (where heater is located.)

You can expect to have cleaner air ducts and you may feel better about
that. In rare cases if you have a mold and/alergy problem related to the
ducts (not nearly as common as the duct cleaners would have you believe) you
may find some relief there. In any case you will find your wallet a little
lighter.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit