Posted to alt.home.repair
Lawrence Lawrence is offline

Default What do you think of Dixie Chopper mowers?

On Apr 11, 1:45 pm, "dean" wrote:
I just might (very slim possibility, depends on wife) be investing
around 5K on a Dixie Chopper zero turn lawn mower. Of course, I would
never wear it out, but I recon I could mow my lawn in half the time,
for the next 20 years. But I digress....

What do people think of Dixie Chopper as a brand. Are there any other
competing brands I should consider? The huskies are a little more
expensive, I need the smallest one to fit through a fence gate. I have
1 acre of grass.

Thanks for any useful tips!

Dean

It seems the DC main claim to fame is that it is the fastest mower
there is in terms of ground speed. I do see it used on the really big
lawns. When you really have a lot of grass to mow speed is important.
If you just mow one lawn maybe less so.

My local guys carry the Dixie Chopper as well as the Toro. I think
the Toro is just super nice and you should check them out but they are
not inexpensive either. Toro makes every size and kind of mower up to
the biggest so they will have a much larger selection of sizes and
styles to choose from than DC, no question.

If you wanted to go all out you can order the Kawasaki twin and
hydrostatic transmission. The one I wanted was over 7K so I decided
to stick with the mowers I have until I have that number. It could be
a long time (-: