Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default solar lights

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:46:58 +0100, "Dwayne & Angela"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:26:07 +0100, "Dwayne & Angela"
mused:

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:52:21 +0100, "Dwayne & Angela"
mused:

I have searched and searched with no joy so I thought I would ask here
and
hope for the best.
I am in need of some solar light kits, like the common garden lights but
dont need the poles etc that come with them. I brought some from the
wholesale warehouse in the hope I could dismantle the electrical parts
but
no joy they are moulded into the head of the unit.
If anyone knows where I could get hold of just the solar kits that would
be
good but if not a standard garden light that could be dismantled would
do.
Thanks in advance.

Something like
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/Car,+Leisure+&+Hobbies/Electronic+Kits/CEBEK/RJ1/displayProduct.jsp?sku=HK00396.?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

No I think those are just standard photocells that can turn things on and
off when the light reaches a certain level.
These are the kind of thing as said above dont need the lamp bits just the
electrics solar panel, daylight sensor and led.
http://www.britisheco.com/cnb/shop/b...odCategoryID=7

Daylight sensor = photocell.

Add your own power reserve (not batteries) and LED.

What do you want to do with the bits?
--
Regards,
Stuart.

They are for various garden ornaments I am designing. kind of art deco path
lighting amongst other more usual stuff lighthouse's, boots, etc. I am
planning a whole range of solar powered garden ornaments.
Beside's any other conciderations the price of those photocells is way too
high I could at a pinch butcher the solar lights I got from warehouse for
£7+VAT for 4, but I was hoping to avoid that rather unprofessional approach.

Unless you design the circuits, buy all the compoonents and assemble
the units yourself I think you're going to struggle findind anywhere
to better the price of buying the existing useless lights and
butchering those.
--
Regards,
Stuart.