Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Generator vs Mains

On 10 Apr 2007 22:54:34 -0700, mused:

On 10 Apr, 23:35, Lurch wrote:
On 10 Apr 2007 10:14:07 -0700, mused:

Most of us already have contents insurance, so theres no point buying
that twice. You were lucky if you got paid.

If your UPS\surge protector manufacturer pays out for damaged
equipment then it saves your NCB so why would you want to use your own
insurance when someone else provides some?

Yes, quite so. But that still doesnt make it worthwhile.

a) You've got insurance, so you choose to buy a 2nd insurance policy
so you dont have to claim on the first.

b) Insurance policies arent normally worth it, except in cases where
loss would cause serious consequential problems or be unrecoverable
from. This is why we all have house & car insurance...

and why other insurances are net money sinks. Insurance cos have to
make a profit after all, as well as cover operating costs, as well as
shuffle peoples money around.

Right, but as I said, UPS's usually just happen to come with
insurance. I wouldn't actively seek out one that does.
--
Regards,
Stuart.