Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default Repairing mylar cable?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:06:10 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:15:35 GMT, John E.
wrote:

does it flex in use or just to assemble/disassemble ?

No movement in use. It is just a means of getting membrane switch inputs to
the PCB.

See my post to seb.

---
Which one?

Check this out:

https://portal.fciconnect.com/portal...odeName%3DFLEX

If the link wraps, go he

https://portal.fciconnect.com/portal... L&language=EN

and navigate the menu.

I think AMP (Tyco) also makes essentially the same thing.

I think you'll have trouble finding mating males, but if you're
lucky and the conductor pitch is right, (I'm guessing 0.1")
you'll be able to use two females and insert a male-male
header between them.

--
JF