Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian_m Ian_m is offline

Default Need help- Induction cooktop

"chloe5susan" wrote in message

I need help with info about induction cooktops.

I am from US(Indiana) Induction cooking is very new for us over here.
We are getting ready to do a kitchen remodel. I love a electric flat
glass cooktop( easy clean up) but want to have gas for better control
so they showed me the new Induction cook top. Said the UK have been
using these for years. So that's why I post here!! One I am looking at
is a Thermador 5 induction burner (not alot of brands available here.

What are the down sides to induction? yes, pricey, and need new cooking
equipment but other than that what is there. Everyone here worries about
health issues,( heart monitors ect... no one in our house or family has
one)
Are they costly to operate? and what about lighting during storms? Are
they a drawing factor? meaning do not use during bad weather?? This one
I think calls for 50 Amps. We will be putting in new wiring in the new
kitchen anyway.

We plan on staying here for about 10 yrs ( have been here 23yrs
already)
We don't put things in new very often and what I buy I have to live
with for a LONG time. per husband!!

Thanks for ANY help you can send my way.

Susan from Indiana

Try
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_hob

http://theinductionsite.com/

Wouldn't ever go back to gas after having an induction cooker, just so much
more controllable and cleaner. Didn't think it could burn things, as I
assumed it didn't get hot enough, but I can vouch it can just as well as any
other type of cooker.