Posted to alt.home.repair
Mr_Bill Mr_Bill is offline

Default SEER and power consumption

Dave -

Thanks for the reply.

I would have thought that the load that the compressor presents
to the compressor motor is more or less constant. If so,
then the power factor, whatever it might be, is also constant,
and is factored into the SEER.

I agree that the SEER rating is based on some set of operating
conditions, and that in the real world the efficiencies might
go down (for example, if it is really hot then the compressor
radiator becomes less efficient). I would think, however, that
the BTU would go down, and the electrical power consumption
would remain constant. But, obviously this is more complex
than it seems at first glance.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.