Posted to comp.dcom.cabling,rec.video.cable-tv,alt.home.repair,alt.cable-tv,rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Ed Nielsen Ed Nielsen is offline

Default RG-6 QS, top brands?

With all due respect, that's a rather frightening position to maintain.
I've had to replace both .750 and .500 because of dings. Complaints were
that certain channels were out. A couple of years ago I had to replace a 4
foot piece of RG 6 inside a wall (splitter to outlet) that had the
attenuation of a 100 foot cable. 950MHz to 1450MHz worked (though not near
as well as it should have), but the rest of the bandwidth up to 2200MHz
didn't work at all. Electricians had greatly exceeded the minimum bend
radius when they made up the outlet.

DC does not necessarily mean that RF will work, nor does RF necessarily mean
that DC will work.

--

CIAO!

Ed N.

"Ian Jackson" wrote in message
years. I have found that, if it buzzes out OK at DC, it will generally be
OK at RF.
Ian.