Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Dell SX260 Micro PC dead.

Hi All,

I have my friends Dell SX260 micro PC here and I brought it home last
night as it seems very dead. I just popped in to them because they had
moved it for decorating the room and when they went to turn it back on
there was nothing (so I thought / hoped it might just be a loose power
lead / fuse etc). ;-(

I've done all the normal basic PC checks (removed / reseated RAM ,
CPU, HDD, Power lead etc etc) but it remains dead.

The PSU is one of those external bricks (like a laptop) and I believe
only outputs 2 x 12V but seems to have some sort of remote 'on' /
interlock meaning you can't test it's output without being plugged
into the PC?

If I had another box I could do some substitution.

I'm hoping someone might point me to a common fault (with the PSU or
PC) and so I could fix it but failing that I'll see if I can find a
suitable std motherboard / case / psu and transfer all the good bits
over (after testing them elsewhere of course).

Any thoughts please?

All the best ..

T i m