Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default What to put under swingset (sofplay?/rubber/chips)

"allan" wrote in message
For granddaughter, considering :

Rubber chunks (recycled truck tires) very expensive and some issues
with toxicity.

New product called sofplay - it is some sort of astroturf like with
mat under it

Wood chips - mulch

Any thoughts, anyone familiar with sofplay

I like the biodegradeability of mulch. I have to keep it raked every couple
of weeks to give it a little loft and occassionally I wet it to prevent
splinters. In the 23 years that I've been doing thisfor my kids and
grandkids we've had no splinters, no cat crap, nothing that makes me want to
change.