Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Great experience with Kwikset

The one time I got a call from a woman who had a couple locks for
me to install. She'd bought them herself. One was defective. I
called my parts wholesale, who suggested I call Kwikset. I did,
and a couple days later the replacement lock was on her step.

Incidentally, the same locksmith who removed the last lock can
most likely rekey the new one to your house key.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Bob" wrote in message
: We had our house built over ten years ago. We chose Kwikset
door hardware
: throughout and it has served us well.
:
: A couple weeks ago we could not close the back door to the
garage. The
: doorknob latch was in the extended position and would not go in
so the door
: could not close.
:
: I tried to remove the doorknob assembly, but the doorknob shaft
would not
: come out. Finally I called the Kwikset company to see if they
had any
: ideas. They told me to call a locksmith and send them the
bill. The
: locksmith said an internal part was broken and jamming the
mechanism. He
: used a screwdriver to bend the lock frame and took out a broken
part.
:
: Again, I called Qwikset. They told me they would send me a new
lock set -
: their products have a lifetime warranty. I didn't even have to
send them
: the old lock.
:
: In the meantime, I took the door mechanism off a seldom used
closet door in
: the computer room and installed it in the back door so it would
stay closed.
: Of course it didn't have a lock on it, but we also have a
double cylinder
: deadbolt on the door so we were able to lock the door.
:
: Today the new lock set came via Fed-Ex. Of course it has a
different key,
: but that's not a big deal.
:
: I was really impressed with the response of Kwikset. This kind
of service
: is far too rare in this day and age.
:
: Thanks Kwikset