Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM DaveM is offline

Default Temperature monitoring

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need a unit that can detect a downward change in temperature which
can be adjustable in the area of 31 degrees F. The trip point must be
accurate to one degree or better. The sensing element needs to be a
probe which can be remoted from the control unit by means of a cable.
The control unit will be mounted in a weather proof box ouside. The
unit must provide a contact closure at the preset temperature and hold
it until the temperature rises. It has to be battery powered,
preferably from 12.0VDC. The units that I've found thus far do not
have the accuracy required. Does any one know of any such equipment
available? Thanks, Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics.

How long does the sensor cable have to be?
Does the adjustment have to track a scale or can it be set by trial and error
until it's at the desired set point?
How much current do the contacts have to handle?
Do you need a display of set point and/or actual temperature?
How much hysteresis between on/off conditions?

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Life is like a roll of toilet paper; the closer to the end, the faster it goes.