Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Repairing mylar cable?

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:15:35 GMT, John E. wrote:

does it flex in use or just to assemble/disassemble ?

No movement in use. It is just a means of getting membrane switch inputs to
the PCB.

Thanks,

John,

I've done repairs such as you describe. A PITA, but it worked when I
was done. I figured it would last a few months and that was maybe four
years ago. It still works, and sees service in a rugged environment
with lot's of abuse!

In my case I used a technique such as your initial idea of the
conductive epoxy and 30 gauge wires...