Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Generator vs Mains

On 10 Apr 2007 10:14:07 -0700, mused:

I suppose that, in a way they are, because my computer was damaged by a big
spike that the surge protector didn't stop. On the other hand though, it was
a Belkin one that came with an insurance-backed guarantee and they did pay
up to replace my computer - so, no, it didn't do its job as it should have
done but it didn't cost me a penny to get my computer replaced and from that
point of view, well worth the money it cost to buy it.

John

Most of us already have contents insurance, so theres no point buying
that twice. You were lucky if you got paid.

If your UPS\surge protector manufacturer pays out for damaged
equipment then it saves your NCB so why would you want to use your own
insurance when someone else provides some? I realise some of the
connected equipment warranties are worthless but I've yet to see any
decent equipment that doesn't supply one.
--
Regards,
Stuart.