Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Too Many BENDS in Plumbing?

gmark wrote:
I'm going to install a sediment filter after my water softener which
runs to my well. An ideal place would be just above the softener tank,
but the particular location would require me to add at least two more
(3/4" copper) elbows. Given the effects adding bends has on air-
ducting, I'd expect it would have a negative effect on water flow as
well. Or am I exaggerating the importance of this?

Thanks!

Mark

I think as others have said, you probably won't notice too much
difference in water flow.

But, if you're anal about minimizing the pressure drop and don't mind
paying a couple of bucks more for the parts, then spring for larger
radius "long turn" elbows like these:

http://www.bramec.com/categories/detail.asp?cat=2171

Many fitting manufacturers make them.

Jeff