Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default different paint textures

wrote:
Hi,
I just patched a couple of holes in a drywall, the new paint matched
perfectly colorwise, but the texture is a bit different. Looks like
the old one might be oil-based paint (more shiny) and the new one is
more matte. My question is: is there any product out there to apply a
oil-like layer of coating? Something like hairspray ?

More matte because it sinks into the patching compound. Smoother
because surrounding paint applied with a roller. Try a couple more
coats and hit it with a damp sponge, or put it on with a piece of
sponge, to get some texture on it. Doesn't sink in as much if you prime
first.