Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Lawn mower won't work

In article ,
Oren wrote:

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:04:30 GMT, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

I'll try that. I got it finally get started so I could at least
pretend I was mowing. It isn't running rough as much as weak (best way I
know how to describe). It isn't as loud as it should be and doesn't seem
to have as much power. It labors noticably when I try to use
self-propelled part and even when I am mowing, it feels "sluggish" I
guess.

Try removing the gas cap. If it runs then the cap is faulty. Make sure
the gas cap vent hole is clear (us paperclip or other wire).

Spray some starting fluid in the carb. Will it run (better power)?
--
Oren

Thanks. I'll try both