Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Quality Toilet Cisterns

On 2007-04-10 16:38:10 +0100, "TheScullster" said:

Hi all

Now looking at replacing rather than re-using old cistern for new Laufen
back to wall pan.
Need quality options for concealed shallow cistern to be boxed in.
Andy Hall has suggested Grohe.
Discovered Geberit on my travels this weekend.
Anyone else got recommendations please.
Ideally looking for dual flush remote push button operation.

TIA

Phil

Geberit is also a good manufacturer.

During my numerous regular safaris into mainland Europe, hotels (even
the less expensive ones) almost universally fit brassware and non
ceramic sanitary equipment (i.e. cisterns etc) from Grohe, Hansgrohe
and Geberit.

For enclosed cisterns I don't think I have seen anything other than
Geberit and Grohe.

These manufacturers have a wide range of products. Normally there are
one or two very low end items designed to reach a price point. They
are careful not to prostitute their brand. There are then quite a
number of solidly engineered but design ordinary products - most
hotels buy these.
Then there are the designed products that cost quite a bit more. Some
hotels buy these if they are trying to create themed bathrooms.

I bought Grohe for reasons of supply. I was buying a complete set of
stuff for a cloakroom project and negotiating a project price. More
suppliers seemed to have Grohe. Geberit seems to be equally good.

I've never run into flush problems with either brand. To give you an
idea - I spend approximately 120 nights a year in hotels, and I suppose
80% have one of these. This isn't a rigorous analysis but I would
think that this is a sample of about 100 cisterns a year.