Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default how much storage weight can my trussed roof support?

On Apr 10, 4:53 pm, wrote:
On 10 Apr, 12:52, Rob Horton wrote:

I have a house that was built in 1984. The roof trusses are constructed
from wood that is 34mm (1 3/8") by 95mm (3 3/4"). I have no idea what
the rating of the wood is. Each truss is spaced about 600mm (centre to
centre) apart. The ceiling joist part of the truss spans 7.2 metres.
Some of the wood has been spliced together using what looks like
perforated metal sheets banged into each side of the wooden beams. The
roof trusses are of a W type, fink, construction.

I want to partly board the roof area using Knauf spaceboard (chipboard
with polyfoam insulation underneath) so that It can be effectively used
for storage.

Where can I find information about the load carrying capacity for my
roof space? Something like kg/m2?

Thanks.

If those really span 7.2m I dont think I'd put anything on them.

...but they're not spanning 7.2 unsupported - it's all triangulated