Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default rivet?

"AE Todd" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, it's not the C section that I am having problems with. I can
have it welded it to the horizontal bar. It is the riveting of the
vertical bar to the C section that I am trying to figure out. You can
see in the picture the cap of the rivet-like device that is going
through the C section, then it goes through the entire thickness of
the vertical bar, and then through the other side of the C section
where it is capped again. Is there such a thing as a rivet that is
more than an inch long?

Cut off the unthreaded part of a bolt and drive a few axle caps on it. Both can be found
at Lowes, Home Depot, or any good hardware store...