Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default neutral downsizing for dryer and range --where in the NEC?

On 9 Apr 2007 18:54:56 -0700, wrote:

Hi, I wondered if I can downsize the neutral conductor required for
dryers and ranges.

From what to what? Not that I would know the answer, but it certainly
seems like an important part of a good question.

Although your own use of the word "required" makes me think you can't.
Could it still be described as required if you could use a smaller one
instead?

I'm running the wiring in RMC (aka thick wall
metal conduit) which is acting as my equipment grounding conductor. I
understand I have to run a neutral for these circuits because they use
both 240V and 120V. This is for a new house.

--zeb