Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Too Many BENDS in Plumbing?

"gmark" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm going to install a sediment filter after my water softener which
runs to my well. An ideal place would be just above the softener tank,
but the particular location would require me to add at least two more
(3/4" copper) elbows. Given the effects adding bends has on air-
ducting, I'd expect it would have a negative effect on water flow as
well. Or am I exaggerating the importance of this?

Two elbows won't be noticed. OTOH, the filter should be before the softener
to prevent sediment from gunking up the softener valves.

Also, I don't understand why a softener would run to the well. The well
line should run to the softener. Either your plumbing or your sentence
structure is incorrect.