Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Rick is offline

Default rivet?

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message

"AE Todd" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, it's not the C section that I am having problems with. I can
have it welded it to the horizontal bar. It is the riveting of the
vertical bar to the C section that I am trying to figure out. You can
see in the picture the cap of the rivet-like device that is going
through the C section, then it goes through the entire thickness of
the vertical bar, and then through the other side of the C section
where it is capped again. Is there such a thing as a rivet that is
more than an inch long?

Since welding is no problem, and it doesn't need to be removable, simply use
some 1/2 steel rod and tack weld it on both sides of the C section

If you need it removable, and don't like my previous suggestion about
cutting a bolt

Type in "clevis pin" in the search box. At:
http://www.mcmaster.com/

There is a multiple of options at your disposal.

Or a barrel nut (binding post). Lowes or Home Depot sometimes have them in the specialty
hardware drawers...