Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Expensive Plumber-Tell me if this isn't ridiculous

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 13:48:38 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

Two things:

YOU GOT A PLUMBER TO COME OUT ON A WEEKEND! You need to seek some high
level corporate job with those skills.

I missed the part about the weekend. I wouldn't even try to get
someone on a weekend for mere noises. Drowning, maybe.

He didn't stick you. He told you what was wrong, and didn't charge you,
right?

It sounded that way to me, but I'm not sure.

He was at least honest because probably 95% of the people he tells
that to will run to HD and do it themselves.

He still makes good bucks at the ones who will pay the $400.

Maybe he thought it also had to be done on the weekend. And indeed it
did have to be, or he'd have to make a second trip.

Double time for weekends puts it at up to 200, iiuc, Edwin.

Now, if you paid him $400, that's another thread.

Steve