Posted to rec.woodworking
The Davenport's The Davenport's is offline

Default Want longer cord for Delta TS

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. net...
In article , "The Davenport's"
wrote:

However, you 14-3 wire is not anywhere near large enough....unless you
WANT
to watch your wire melt before your very eyes! :

And your basis for this belief is -- ?

Let's be realistic, shall we? 3 HP is in the neighborhood of 12 amps at
220 V.
That's not anywhere close to melting 14ga wire. Or the insulation on it.

--
Regards,

No...2hp is in the area of 12 amps. 3hp is going to be closer to 16-18,
depending on the motor itself. I will say that it would have been better had
the OP posted the amperage, but still, a 3hp table saw is gonna pull some
amps.

And THAT is what I based my belief on.

Mike