Posted to alt.home.repair
vwaldoguy vwaldoguy is offline

Default Oiling Roof Turbine Vents

Hello,

I've got a 3 1/2 year old home with three 14" vent turbines on top.
Within the past couple of months, they've started to squeak, loud
enough that we can hear them at night and you can hear them when
outside. Do they typically have sealed bearings, or can I apply some
oil to alleviate the squealing? I haven't gotten up on top of the
roof to look at them yet, because the roof is somewhat steep and I
don't have any brackets for my ladder to go over the gutters. Thought
I'd throw a quick question out there to the group, to see if they can
be oiled, or do they need to be replaced.

Van