Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Lawn mower won't work

In article MCvSh.6264$jS1.2411@trndny07, "Shopdog"
wrote:

Did you put it away with gas in the tank?

No. Siphoned it out, ran it for about 5 minutes until it ran out of
gas and then pulled on the starter a couple more times to see if
anything was left behind. The gas is from last fall, but it worked fine
in the snow thrower a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine a week ago
when I was starting things up.

Is your carb the white plastic
kind?

Nope. Looks grey and metalish to the naked eye. It is is B&S engine
on a two year old Toro. Changed the oil, too.

Between the carb and the tank is a fiber gasket and a thin diaphram, your
diaphram may be the culprit. Replacement cost 4.00

Searcher

I'll try that. I got it finally get started so I could at least
pretend I was mowing. It isn't running rough as much as weak (best way I
know how to describe). It isn't as loud as it should be and doesn't seem
to have as much power. It labors noticably when I try to use
self-propelled part and even when I am mowing, it feels "sluggish" I
guess.

Thanks.