Posted to alt.home.repair
Just Joshin Just Joshin is offline

Default How to catch ants

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007 23:50:51 -0700, "Big Al" wrote:

Need to catch some ants to feed some Antlions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlion
Problem is how? The ants are about 50 feet away, but they are not
cooperating

Next problem. After I catch them how do I get them to drop into the pit? If
I cool them down will they get slow? Like put them in a cooler for a while.

Al Before you ask, I'm sane

wow this is one weird hobbie, but I have strange ones too. Ok I
noticed that when ants tackle sticky sweet foods, like taffy comes to
mind, they gather around it. It seems it takes them time to work on
it, creating a backup of ants trying to eat it. Then you can pick
them up and dump them into your ant lion pit. I would suggest you use
twessers since you don't want to disturb the bait, and I believe ant
lions eat one or two ants at a time. Just a guess based on what I
noticed on documentries.

tom @ www.Carpenter-Ant-Killer.com