Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Black Michael Black is offline

Default amplified speakers

) writes:
On 9 Apr, 06:28, James Sweet wrote:
Homer J Simpson wrote:
"Crow Berry" wrote in message

. ..

Any suggestions as
to how to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated. I have
already invested more time than the darn thing is worth, but I still
want to try to repair it.

First you need a circuit diagram.

Why? I almost never have them for things I repair.

no way do you need a cct diag to fix a blown zener. Nor indeed for a
large proportion of repairs.

But you have to take into context the original poster and the question.

I read it to mean someone who isn't regularly repairing things, may
not even have much knowledge of electronics. And that at the very least
may require a schematic, if for no other reason than hand-holding.

Think of when you were young and first looked at circuit boards. How
much of it was immdiately obvious?

Michael