Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Arch Arch is offline

Default Two warnings and a tip.

1st. warning:

I'm gullible and it could be a scam, but FWIW and just in case. I got a
virus warning purporting to be from Microsoft and Norton this morning
advising not to open a powerpoint presentation: "Life is beautiful".
(It is but not always on the net.)

Tip:

I found some self drilling sleeve anchors for concrete, hardened and
about 7/16 in, diam. X 1 1/2 in. long. The toothed end closely resembles
a small version of a Stebcenter. There is no center pin, but the thru
hole at the toothed end is 1/4 in. and half way thru the other end is
5/16. both ends with standard female threads.

Looks easy to make a small drive center to be held in a Jacobs chuck by
adding a center pin and bolt with the head cut off. Or add a spring and
center pin to make a 'Stebcenter'.
2nd warning:

I remember the brouhaha here about making a patented center marking
device for square blanks, so _DO NOT_ [repeat, DON"T] sell these
knockoffs.)

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter