Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

In article .com, wrote:
On Apr 9, 12:37 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
On Apr 8, 10:58 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:
On Apr 8, 1:42 pm, Doug Miller wrote:
In article om,
says...

Sixty percent of Federal Judges and seven of the nine current
Justices of the USSC, as well as seven of the nine serving when
Clinton LEFT office, were appointed by Republicans.

Just about right,

Those numbers for the USSC are _exact_ the information is
readily available in various biographical sources. The number
for Federal Judges is from other sources.

You missed the point, which was that the
numbers you cited are pretty much
what would be expected ...

No, I didn't miss the point, I was annoyed at your
use of "just about".

Obviously you *have* missed the point, and continue to miss it. Since you're
still having difficulty, let me spell it out as clearly as I can.

I don't argue with your figures for the composition of the USSC and the
Federal judiciary, and the phrase "just about" was not applied to their
accuracy (as should have been clear to anyone with a normal ability to
comprehend written English). For the sake of this discussion, I'm willing to
stipulate that the figures you presented are entirely correct.

I disagree. I think that most people with a normal ability
to comprehend written English would consider "just about
right" to be a comment addressing accuracy.

Well, yes, when separated from its context (as you did), and addressed without
regard to the clause that followed it (as you did), sure. When read as one
sentence (the way I wrote it), the meaning is clear to anyone with a normal
ability to comprehend written English.

My point is that a +/- 70% Republican-appointed judiciary is "just about"

what
one would expect, if one has been paying attention to the fact that the
Republican candidate has won 70% of the Presidential elections in the last
forty years.

We agree on that point. I trust you will also agree that "just
about right" is not equivalent to "just about what one would
expect."

Perhaps you should try reading what I wrote as a whole, instead of breaking it
into pieces and considering each piece separately, divorced from the others
which provide it context.

--
Regards,