Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default The REAL Cause of Glpbal Warming

wrote:
On Apr 9, 12:37 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article .com, wrote:

On Apr 8, 10:58 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:

In article . com,

wrote:

On Apr 8, 1:42 pm, Doug Miller wrote:

In article om,
says...

Sixty percent of Federal Judges and seven of the nine current
Justices of the USSC, as well as seven of the nine serving when
Clinton LEFT office, were appointed by Republicans.

Just about right,

Those numbers for the USSC are _exact_ the information is
readily available in various biographical sources. The number
for Federal Judges is from other sources.

You missed the point, which was that the
numbers you cited are pretty much
what would be expected ...

No, I didn't miss the point, I was annoyed at your
use of "just about".

Obviously you *have* missed the point, and continue to miss it. Since you're
still having difficulty, let me spell it out as clearly as I can.

I don't argue with your figures for the composition of the USSC and the
Federal judiciary, and the phrase "just about" was not applied to their
accuracy (as should have been clear to anyone with a normal ability to
comprehend written English). For the sake of this discussion, I'm willing to
stipulate that the figures you presented are entirely correct.

I disagree. I think that most people with a normal ability
to comprehend written English would consider "just about
right" to be a comment addressing accuracy.

I've been lurking, following youse guys' less-than eloquent discourses.
I took the comment "just about right" to mean, given the composition
of election results to the presidency, the composition of judges
appointed by Republican presidents to be appropriate and fair, not a
comment that the numbers were arithmetically correct.