Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc
Paul Carpenter Paul Carpenter is offline

Default PCB UV Box - Follow Up

On Monday, in article

"Aly" wrote:

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
Totally agree, if I can't scrounge it or get it cheap I feel guilty,
patience pays off as it's only a hobby (at home) so I can afford to wait
if I can save a few pounds. Seriously though, if you can afford the 200
quid one, take a look at eBay, they do turn up every now and then and
generally sell much closer to your 50 quid than the 200 Rapid want.

Aly

--
Clint Sharp

What's your opinion on this? (and anyone's opinon for that matter). I'm
humming and harring over it. Trouble is the weight. I can barely carry
25Kg........

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=320100920597

?250. Double sided. I'm tempted, but need pushing. I fancied a little UV
flight case I'd done myself for ?50.

Well if you could bid a low price on it or afford the 250 for a working
unit that has fetures you want and features (like double sided) you could use
and can do it to have more time doing electronics you want to do then go
for it.

No harm in bidding while pricing up a home made alternative and working
out max size of PCB you are likely to need.

My largest single PCB so far is 30cm x 30cm (6 layers) but done at a PCB
shop, the 0.2mm vias, I did not fancy doing by hand.. :-^

What do you experts think on that eBay one? They're just down the road too
so can pickup, have already spoken to the guy.

Could be a useful purchase if you have somewhere to store it and use it
size is another issue.

--
Paul Carpenter |
http://www.pcserviceselectronics.co.uk/ PC Services