Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Best kettle and dep fat fryer

On Mon, 9 Apr 2007 07:35:07 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

Was in our local fish and chippy the other day... in walks a small
group of teenage girls - rather sheepishly one produces a Mars bar from
her pocket and asks for it to be battered!

I'd have pulled out a large club hammer and flattened the sugary muck.

Serving Suggestion :

Coat in seasoned flour and shallow fry. Serve in a plastic tray with
half a tin of Noodle Doodles to make a Mars Bar Scallopine Milanese

This obviously happens frequently enough that none of the staff seemed
to "react" in any way... (other than dipping it in batter, frying it
and returning it to her a couple of mins later). Apparently they don't
even charge for the service!

I don't think I've been in one of those places for over 30 years...

DG