Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Best kettle and dep fat fryer

Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-04-09 11:11:20 +0100, Stuart Noble

On 2007-04-09 04:30:26 +0100, John Rumm
said:

Andy Hall wrote:

Do they have extra large size lard pans and deep fat fryers in
Scotland in order to fit in the pizzas? I guess that Mars bars
are OK in the standard sized ones.

Was in our local fish and chippy the other day... in walks a small
group of teenage girls - rather sheepishly one produces a Mars bar
from her pocket and asks for it to be battered!

I'd have pulled out a large club hammer and flattened the sugary muck.

This obviously happens frequently enough that none of the staff
seemed to "react" in any way... (other than dipping it in batter,
frying it and returning it to her a couple of mins later).
Apparently they don't even charge for the service!

I don't think I've been in one of those places for over 30 years...

Apart from Rick Stein's maybe?

You're kidding. If I was going to go to Padstow, I'd go for the
Seafood Restaurant.

The idea of being able to choose the fish before cooking certainly
appeals.

This is possible in many other countries but not generally in
the UK - probably a residual effect of our poor food culture until
recent years.

And now you can't get a decent portion of chips anywhere.