Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Homeowner's insurance house inspections

On 6 Apr 2007 13:08:56 -0700, "dpb" wrote:

The lock itself is relatively cheap, granted. The rest isn't cheap at
all -- either in dollars or philosophical bent of continuing the
(started to say "drift", but it's long passed the drifting stage )
rush towards a nanny-state.

Nanny-state refers to protecting us from ourselves, and I can give you
many examples of how I hate that. Seat-belt laws, helmet laws for
non-children, anti-smoking laws for bars, anti-transfat laws.

But it's already the obligation of the state to protect us from
others.