Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default hydraulic jacks - maintenance question...

On Apr 8, 4:30 pm, wrote:
I have a 20 ton jack that does work well. How do I troubleshoot these
type of jacks? How do you refill / check fluid levels?

Please advise. Thanks.

It's a throwaway. Just check any box store for Chinese bottle jacks
and bring home the color you like best. Sometimes you will find a 1/4"
pipe plug or similar on the back closing the fill/check hole. Add
hydraulic fluid in the vertical position with a pressure oil can until
it dribbles out and replace the plug. If it works, use it. If not,
discard it. $15 bottle jacks aren't made to be serviced. When the
seals are shot they can be dangerous. HTH

Joe