Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Anyone NEED these test jigs?

Charles Schuler wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Charles Schuler wrote:

Your test jigs are worth the value of their parts, as originally stated.

In other words you have no idea how to use it, so its worthless? Why
are new ones being sold if its only worth the parts? People would just
throw one together to do a job, then take it apart, till the next time.

Of course I know how to use test jigs ... I have designed them ... they were
used to verify sub-assemblies before final assembly. That's their primary
purpose.

Test jigs never caught on for consumer products (after manufacturing).

Test jigs never caught on for consumer electronics? Gee, we had
plenty of them in the old TV shops to service a chassis without dragging
the cabinet and CRT into the shop. I guess that you never saw a CRT
and the yokes in an RCA or other test jig on a service bench. Or maybe
a test stand with a an audio amplifier and speaker(s) to service
turntables?

There were a few offered for servicing television receivers, but never
enjoyed a lot of application. They cost more than they were worth and
didn't work all that well. Today, they are mostly unheard of.

If you would bother to carefully read the entire thread you might discover
that:

So, now you claim to know EXACTLY how many message I read in ever
thread?

1/ The jigs that sparked this inane ****ing contest are most likely for
boards or subassemblies for consumer products.
2/ I never used the word "worthless."

So, pile on and enjoy the playground. THESE test jigs are worth the value
of their parts, as originally stated.

Yes, to you. If you can't use them they are worthless but if you
can, they are gold. The fact that they are still being built means
that they have some value. Obviously not to you, because have stated
that you are retired. Good bye, Charlie Brown. Go feed Snoopy his
supper, then fly your kite into yet another tree.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida