Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc
Clint Sharp Clint Sharp is offline

Default PCB UV Box - Follow Up

In message , Aly
writes
Hey again Clint,

Reading... Glass/perspex noted.

Also try local sign makers, neon signs especially, they will have
offcuts of all shapes and sizes. Consider adding a matching number of
white light tubes as well, that way you can use the light box to check
your artwork before you expose a board and find the transparency was
full of holes (bitter experience)

Oh I definitely would prefer to build one, keeping in with the spirit. A
small 320 x 260 x 90mm flight case is what I'm hoping for.

Nice to find someone who isn't scared of doing something for themselves.

We'll see what happens. :-) The case comes first, as that's oddly the
hardest bit to source. I'm not paying £50 for a case I can get for £5-10 if
I'm patient. :-)

How 'bout just under 20?
http://www.cpc.co.uk and search on order code TLTC03X
You could probably beat the price if you shopped around but if I were
building one, I'd consider using a scavenged flatbed scanner for the
case. You'd need to take some care stopping UV leaking out though.

This will all be documented too when I'm done. I'm allowing maybe 2-3 weeks
on/off to do this. But still tempted by the £200 one at Rapid, I can afford
it but I'm just too tight. :-) Why spend £200+ when you can spend £50..

Totally agree, if I can't scrounge it or get it cheap I feel guilty,
patience pays off as it's only a hobby (at home) so I can afford to wait
if I can save a few pounds. Seriously though, if you can afford the 200
quid one, take a look at eBay, they do turn up every now and then and
generally sell much closer to your 50 quid than the 200 Rapid want.

Aly

--
Clint Sharp