Posted to alt.electronics,comp.arch.embedded,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc
Aly Aly is offline

Default PCB UV Box - Follow Up

"Clint Sharp" wrote in message
In message , Aly
writes
Hello,

SNIP

Visit your local DIY shed, take a pen and paper, write down the
manufacturer name on the perspex/polycarbonate/polystyrene sheets, track
them down on t'internet and ask them... alternatively, ask your local
glass supplier for some offcuts and do some experimentation with
exposure (making sure not to get arrested in the process) Once you've
finished exposing yourself, go home and try the glass you just got, make
sure you mark the glass with the type first. Try a piece of photoresist
PCB with a sliver of each type of glass and an uncovered section all at
once so you can compare. Give it, say, 30 seconds and you should be able
to tell the difference.
No one knows what they're
selling anymore or even cares!! This is the UK, it's a dump full of

under
achievers and everyone has a degree in Travel & Tourism or Marketing,
everyone else is on state benefits.

See my other reply.

Seriously though, you can make a nice UV box out of a cheap toolbox or
electric drill carry case if you have a mind to.. Alternatively you
could try eBay (yeah, 'cause you'll get a bargain there...) or even your
local freecycle, they seem to be full of academic/student types and may
know of an electronics department with a spare lying around that can be
acquired.
--
Clint Sharp

Hey again Clint,

Reading... Glass/perspex noted.

Oh I definitely would prefer to build one, keeping in with the spirit. A
small 320 x 260 x 90mm flight case is what I'm hoping for.

We'll see what happens. :-) The case comes first, as that's oddly the
hardest bit to source. I'm not paying £50 for a case I can get for £5-10 if
I'm patient. :-)

This will all be documented too when I'm done. I'm allowing maybe 2-3 weeks
on/off to do this. But still tempted by the £200 one at Rapid, I can afford
it but I'm just too tight. :-) Why spend £200+ when you can spend £50..

Aly