Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Fawthrop Dave Fawthrop is offline

Default Best kettle and dep fat fryer

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 16:13:40 GMT, "r.bartlett"
wrote:

|!For some strange reason we seem too get through kettles at quite an
|!astonishing rate. Our latest lasted just over a year 23-03-06 :-(

Our Breville 3.1kw from Morrisons has lasted several years,
not bad for GBP 15. 3.1kw is the most you can get out of a 13 amp plug I
would not go back to lower power ones.

Alternatively a traditional kettle to put on the gas/electric ring lasts
for ever.

|!So as the Mrs put the plastic deep fat fryer on the grille then promptly put
|!the gas on we need to double up on a spend..
|!
|!So a rapid boil S.S is ideal but any recommendations??
|!
|!(the D.F.F I couldn't care too much what it looks like...)

We have a Chip pan works fine, fill it 1/3 full of beef dripping and you
are away. We inherited ours, not sure if you can still buy them. The
market has been taken over by DFFs which are IMO nothing like as good

For some more ideas uk.food+drink.misc is thataway
--
Dave Fawthrop sf hyphenologist.co.uk 165 *Free* SF ebooks.
165 Sci Fi books on CDROM, from Project Gutenberg